Difficulty in Falling Pregnant
Fertility is the ability to conceive and produce offspring. Infertility is the inability to conceive after a year of unprotected intercourse. Infertility can affect men and women of all ages. Infertility can be very stressful and frustrating and can place great strain on a couple’s relationship. Many couples experiencing infertility problems can often be successfully treated with medical or surgical techniques or by addressing lifestyle issues.
Why am I not falling Pregnant?
There are a number of factors to consider when trying to understand why you are not getting pregnant when trying to naturally conceive. It is also important to understand, that only after a year of unprotected intercourse with no resulting pregnancy should you consider seeking further medical advice.
Factors that could be affecting your ability to conceive include:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Consumption of excessive alcohol
- Certain medications
- Underlying disease conditions that may affect the sexual function of an individual
If you and your partner are considering fertility treatment, then I believe you deserve a holistic approach. This means I look at you as a whole person, the whole couple that you are. That is how we create your fertility treatment journey together. Not as a sequence of procedures and fertility tests, but rather as a personalised experience tailored to your individual needs.
If you have had over a year of unprotected sexual intercourse, talk with your doctor about having your fertility tested. Fertility affects both men and women of all ages so it is important that both individuals get tested. With the advancements in medical technology, it is now possible to treat the condition of infertility. We can offer a full range of diagnosis and treatment protocols for most causes of infertility in a safe, supportive and caring environment.
- Does smoking affect fertility? When should you quit smoking? More about smoking and fertility.
- Read about the Fertility Window and what to expect from your Fertility Specialist consult.
- Taken a pregnancy test, but don’t trust the results? Read about how trustworthy a pregnancy test really is.
- What does a low AMH mean and why is it important to know your AMH when you can’t fall pregnant? Read here how low AMH affects your fertility
- Do alternative therapies for fertility work?
- Why do you need iodine in pregnancy? Can iodine help in pregnancy?
IVF PERTH: useful links on this website
- Are you considering IVF? Read more about the treatment process.
- The IVF journey: a day by day explanation.
- What to expect when choosing IVF? A blog article about your options.
- How can you prepare yourself for IVF? Some useful advice.
- Wondering about the IVF success rates? What are your chances to fall pregnant with IVF.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Read about what type of options are available to assist you in your desires to conceive.
IVF and ICSI
Read about why IVF and ICSI could be something for you to consider in your journey to parenthood.
Your IVF Journey
IVF isn’t something that can be done quickly. Read more about the journey when you consider IVF treatment.
08 9388 7780
43 Richardson St
WEST PERTH WA 6005
08 9284 2333 Consulting at Fertility Specialists of Western Australia
25 Queenslea Drive
CLAREMONT WA 6010
08 6217 3800 Consulting at
Fertility Specialists of Western Australia
764 Canning Hwy
APPLECROSS WA 6153